Wednesday 12 December 2012

3 Reasons why the Windows 8 App Store sucks

3 Reasons why the Windows 8 App Store sucks
 
 
 
After upgrading and using Windows 8 for the past 2 months I've come to the decision that the Windows 8 App Store is probably the worst App Store that is on offer. I know you may think that this is harsh of me to say but I reckon there are many other users who are out there that agree with me. Here are my top 3 reasons why Windows 8 App Store sucks:
 
 
Lack of Apps
 
So the Windows 8 App Store has been out for more than 2 months, yet it only has up to 13,000 apps right now. Now some people think that is quite good considering the fact that it's only been up for 2 months but the lack of mainstream apps is a problem. Popular apps like Temple Run and Doodle Jump are lacking from the app store (personal favourites) and this takes away the wow factor of the app store. However upon release I was glad to see everyone's favourite Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja, so this was a kind of make up for the fact that the app store lacked so much.
 
 
Too expensive
 
Being a student I like to scrimp and save. So I try to buy as less apps as possible, only buying the apps that appeal to me personally. When I first encountered the app store I was surprised to see the stunningly expensive prices of simple apps like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja. They both cost around £3.49, which for me was ludicrous! I know I'm going on a rant here but why should I pay £3.49 for an app when I can play the same app on my phone for free!
 
 
Junk store
 
For me the Windows 8 App Store has simply become a 'Junk Store'. Browsing the store the other day I was looking round the app store only to see many 'junk apps' that were simply just apps that weren't apps! For one Kaspersky Internet Security was advertised on the App Store so I decided to download it thinking it would be an app that would go well with my KIS. However when it came to downloading the app, I was simply redirected to the website of the company! Why Windows why!
 
 
Overall the App store does have some good Apps but if your upgrading to Windows 8 because of the 'app factor' then I would wait about another year, as clearly the Windows 8 App Store is not up to scratch and not even comparable to the Play Store or the IOS store. 


3 comments:

  1. this is so true! Why would windows launch windows 8 and then offer such a bad app store? there are so little app to choose from, the windows 8 app shop donesn't have a good browse section, I land on error page most of the time, it's ridiculous...it's like "is this possible?". I have a new sony vaio with windows 8 where I don't have almost any apps installed and an old samsung phone where I have great, functional free apps instaled. There are things that I only do in my phone because I can't buy them and some aren't even offered at windows 8 store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a Nokia Lumia. I am so very disappointed that I can't get Pinterest or YouTube. Facebook doesn't even work properly. And to top it off my music player is HORRIBLE. The only pros to this system is the sleek interface. I wish we could have style AND function...too much to ask I guess. Looks like I'll be going back to android.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Nokia Lumia v8.1 windows... Just as a rant and I'm not sure it any one else said any thing but its is 5/13/2015 and I say this to see how long it will take them to fix the fb app and get snap chat and get instagram off beat mode come on now give us an up date you cant make a call 📞 from messenger a call now hang with me in on My PHONE how can I not make a call.... Smh so glad I dint pay for this pos it was gave to me now I know why..... Eventually the company will shut down and they be out of business

    ReplyDelete